UTILITIES ELECTRIC SUPERINTENDENT
City of Riverside
TO APPLY: www.riversideca.gov/jobs
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 04/06/17 at 11:59 pm
The City of Riverside is accepting applications for the position of Utilities Electric Superintendent to fill one (1) current vacancy in the Electric Field Division of the Public Utilities Department. The eligibility list established may be used to fill the current and/or upcoming vacancies within this classification for up to six (6) months.
The Utilities Electric Superintendent will be responsible for directing and assigning the appropriate number of crews, material and manpower to achieve operational goals in the Transmission Distribution Construction and Maintenance Group of the Electric Field Division. This group is primarily tasked with system construction and maintenance of the 22,840 power poles, 510 miles of overhead, 800 miles of underground transmission and distribution electric lines that serve the city's energy customers. This group also provides electrical emergency response and maintains the city's street light system. The Utilities Electric Superintendent ensures that the Field Division successfully meets the commitment to providing the best available service at the best possible rates to our customers.
Additionally, under general direction, the Superintendent will plan, coordinate, supervise, and review underground and/or overhead electrical transmission and distribution system construction and maintenance, or substation construction, maintenance and operation; provide technical staff assistance; and do related work as required.
Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, preferably supplemented by advanced course work in technical fields applicable to electrical field operations.
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience in electrical overhead and underground construction, maintenance and repair.
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Class "C" California Motor Vehicle Operator's License.
- May require possession of or the ability to obtain an appropriate valid California Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator's License based on the operational need and the duties assigned.
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Experience managing multiple crews involving electrical overhead and underground construction, maintenance and repair.
- Experience working for a municipal or utility agency.
- Experience scheduling and estimating electrical overhead and underground construction, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of General Order 165, General Order 128, and General Order 95.